XML Tag Confusion With 8i

From: Bill Lucas <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:22:10 GMT

Hello Everyone,

We have been spending the last week or so familiarizing ourselves with XML Support in Oracle 8i, both with the XDK and DBXML (PLSXML). We have been able to generate the XML we are looking for, however, one thing has been escaping us. Every time we generate XML all of the tags are in caps. Is there anyway of changing this? We already have a front end of an n tier system that consumes XML. We are trying to write an Oracle backend that will output information in the manner the front end is expecting. Unfortunately when we wrote the application originally we used CamelBack notation for our tags. So where the front end would be looking for something like <EquipmentDetails> Oracle seems to insist on formatting the tag as <EQUIPMENTDETAILS>. Is there anyway to overcome this, or are we looking at a transformation we will need to do in the data access layer?

Any info would be very appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
Bill Lucas Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 13:22:10 CST