SAME !!! ( Veritas & SUN) who has experiences with stripe unit size > 1 MB

From: vob <ga_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:27:48 +0100

Hi,

is it possible with Solaris 8 and Veritas 3.5 to have a stripe unit size > 1 MB
and also max I/O Size > 1 MB

I thought it might helpfull to implement SAME today with bigger stripe units than 1 MB , if it is also possible to increase the I/O max size of Solaris and Veritas 3.5

We work with stripping over 10- 12 spindels , but the read /write rate per disk
during sequential I/O is much smaller than on a single disk.

So increasing the stripe units might help .

Than on the Oracle Side the Extent size will an multiple of Max/IO Size , but
is it possible on solaris to have bigger multiblock read than 1 MB with Oracle 9.2 ? Received on Sat Feb 08 2003 - 08:27:48 CST