Re: OCFS tuning

From: Christian <penon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2003 06:53:56 -0800

Hi again,

Here are some more details:

the servers are Compaq DL580 - Linux RedHat AS 2.1 with kernel 2.4.9e8smp and corresponding ocfs.

The shared storage is a Compaq SAN MSA1000 whith 3 raid1 volumes of 36Gb each.

What I mean by slow:

If I use a "normal" FS (ext3 on a standalone machine) my sample import takes 32 mins.

When I use OCFS with 4Kb blocks, it takes 1H12mins (and the .dmp is NOT on OCFS)
When I use OCFS with 128Kb blocks, it takes 47mins (nearly the same as rawdevices on the NAS)

Then, the selects I do take take between 10 and 100% much more time than the ones on the standalone database with ext3 FS (when they are not cached of course).

That is why I would appreciate relevant tuning tips for OCFS.

Regards,
Christian