Re: OCFS tuning

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:14:16 +1100

"Christian" <penon_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fd42b14b.0301220119.7012424_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have installed 9iRAC on two Compaq servers with OCFS on a san array.
> The problem is that it is V E R Y S L O W...

I take it these are Windows servers? I only ask because Compaq's Tru64 wouldn't need Oracle's Cluster File System.

But in any case: define "slow". As far as I can tell, the CFS for Windows is optimized for Oracle's access only. Trying to save a Word document on it, for example, is indeed slow. But the RAC runs fine.

Are you saying your RAC is suffering from I/O performance issues? Or just that when you play around with the shared disk via Explorer or some other non-Oracle application, you feel it's slow?

Regards
HJR