Databse File layout on only 4 drives Ideas?

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 10:33:22 -0800

Hello, I need to build an Oracle 9.2 database(non-production) on Solaris 9. The machine has just 4 physical drives. I have the following tablespaces to move on to this machine: SYSTEM, UNDO, TEMP, DATA, INDEX and TOOLS. I Have taken the approach of starting with splitting DATA, INDEX, UNDO, and SYSTEM on to different drives which leaves me with TOOLS and TEMP. I was planning on putting TOOLS on the same disk as system, which would leave me with

DISK1 SYSTEM, TOOLS DISK2 UNDO DISK3 DATA DISK4 INDEX So, My questions are: Where should I locate TEMP, and where should my ARCHIVE directory be? Also, What glaring omissions do I have?

I realize that this is not an optimal setup, but any ideas that you have would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 12:33:22 CST