Re: Oracle 8.0.5 & ORA-01017

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:17:21 -0800

unxguy wrote:

> On an HP-UX 11.00 system, I installed Openview (Oracle 8.05) with a
> local user ID. All was well - everything worked happily...
>
> Then I added this system to the development domain and now when I try to
> connect internal I receive the dreaded ORA-01017 invalid
> username/password; logon denied message....
>
> I've tried several combos of the oracle account locally/NIS+ and
> /etc/nsswitch.conf with no luck... Now they want to tear the system up
> and start over - not my first choice - must be something simple in
> OracleLand...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

Lots of questions ... no answer possible yet.

Who owns the Oracle 8.0.5 installation? Did you follow the instructions and set up oinstall and dba groups, and the oracle user, etc?

Are you trying to get in using SVRMGRL or SQL*Plus.

Is the password file exclusive or shared?

What have you done (complete description and error messages)?

Your descriptions are so general as to have little meaning. And ... why are you in the year 2003 installing software developed in the last millenium?

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 03:17:21 CST