Oracle 8.0.5 & ORA-01017

From: unxguy <member_at_mainframeforum.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 14:25:36 -0500

On an HP-UX 11.00 system, I installed Openview (Oracle 8.05) with a local user ID. All was well - everything worked happily...

Then I added this system to the development domain and now when I try to connect internal I receive the dreaded ORA-01017 invalid username/password; logon denied message....

I've tried several combos of the oracle account locally/NIS+ and /etc/nsswitch.conf with no luck... Now they want to tear the system up and start over - not my first choice - must be something simple in OracleLand...

Any thoughts?

Thanks