Re: Avoiding oracle automatic startup

From: Tim <df_at_sd.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:44:55 GMT

Another option is to set the service for your instance to manual startup. The service is typically called OracleServiceSID where SID is your ORACLE_SID. If you leave ORA_xxxx_AUTOSTART set to TRUE then when you start the service, it will also start the database. If you set it to FALSE you will need to go into sqlplus to start the database manually also.