Re: Export from 9i and import to 8i

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 21:48:18 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<640V9.24182$jM5.64315_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> There certainly used to be a catexp7.sql script which you had to run in the
> higher database in order for a version 7 export to work against it.
>
> But there never was catexp8, or catexp81. So quite what happens in that
> respect, I don't honestly know. I've performed many 8.0-8i-9i exports
> without running any such scripts, and have never had a problem.

There are 2 files, catexp6.sql and catexp7.sql, which were/are used to downgrade V7 to V6 and V8 to V7. These scripts must be run separately (on top of catalog.sql) before downgrading between above releases. V8 to V6 and V9 to V7/V6 is not supported.
To downgrade from V9 to V8, only catexp.sql is required.

Since catexp.sql is deployed from catalog.sql... it is not required to be run separately as catalog.sql is a must for new database... this is why no separate script is required when downgrading V9 to V8.

Even though V9 to V7 export is not supported... I am not sure why dbca still deploys catexp7.sql into V9 database.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 23:48:18 CST