Re: archivelog or not

From: Tim Kearsley <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 8 Jan 2003 08:19:00 -0800

Detlef Jockheck <djockheck_at_gauselmann.de> wrote in message news:<4m3hva.0cr.ln_at_java.adp-entwicklung.gauselmann.de>...
> Hi!
>
> The LOG_ARCHIVE_START is activated in init.ora . When I enter ALTER SYSTEM
> ARCHIVE LOG CURRENT in svrmgrl a new archive is generated :-)
>
> Another Question:
> Where is the maximum size and number of archives defined?
>
> ciao
> Detlef

Hi Detlef,

As far as I know the maximum number of archives isn't defined anywhere (it will be limited ultimately by the filesystem in which they are written filling up). The size of the archives is the same as your redo logs, which is set by you either at database creation time or later. You can find the size of the redo logs by issuing the following query:

SELECT BYTES FROM V$LOG; This will show you the size, in bytes, of each of your redo logs.

Regards,

Tim Kearsley
Database Manager
Milton Keynes Council Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 10:19:00 CST