Comparison of Java, C# for development on Windows and future for them

From: Belinda <belindacur_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2003 01:28:11 -0800

Hi All

I am a C++ programmer and I am now planning to make a transition to either C# or Java. I am not sure whether to take up C# or Java. Some people say the future is C# and .Net and others say Java. I am confused between the arguments between the Microsoft and the Java camps. Can you all kindly throw in some enlightenment on the differences between C# and Java and what is the value proposition for somebody starting now in Java or C# to start in them. Also please note my primary development environment is Windows platform which language is the fastest to learn, performance wise and the future of the languages. I have heard that Java as performance issues is that correct and C# is only windows centric ?. But right now my only development platform will be Windows. I am supposed to make this decision for my company I am free to choose C# or Java.

Which must I choose and why ?

Thanks
Bel Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 03:28:11 CST