Re: Thanks to those who helped, may the rest KISS MY ?@#$%?!

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:27:30 +1100

"Burt" <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:DM6O9.61085$C06.43092_at_news.bellsouth.net...
> I don't think the attitude problems you see in this newsgroup are
> representative of most Oracle DBAs.

Absolutely. Only a very few posters here claim 10 years plus of experience as if that gives them God-given rights to be so profoundly wrong it's not funny.

Most people here have a life. Be it opera, cats, flying or (perish the thought) David Bowie. Most people here don't mind the occasional stuff-up, mishap or mistake. Only people claiming 10+ years of experience think that their experience makes it OK to start saying things like "your attitude sucks". Of course, the fact that they have just been shown to be as knowledgable as a flea with a hernia probably has something to do with that.

> You will get much better treatment from the forums in Metalink.

Of course: be aware, however, that the greatest Oracle brains aren't anywhere near Metalink. They are actually here in this newsgroup. On Metalink you have people who are being paid by the corporation that provides the software you use. Their incentive to tell it like it is, is about zero.

But whatever. It's Christmas. So lighten up, enjoy the challenge, and have fun.

> are usually very quick from Oracle analysts getting paid to respond and
from
> non-Oracle people. Of course, it requires a valid license CSI. From your
> earlier comments in other post on your environment, I suspect/hope this
> isn't a problem for you.
>
> Try URL http://www.oracle.com/support/metalink/index.html

Quite what's wrong with http://metalink.oracle.com, I'm not sure.

But then Burt's posts are always full of interesting detail. Most of which are wrong... but what the heck! At least it's text!!

Regards
HJR