Re: [Q] Oracle 9.2.0 installation on MS Windows 2000 Professaional

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:22:34 +1100

You can start by including the error message TEXT in your post. Or am I (and everyone else) supposed (a) to know every Oracle error message off by heart or (b) be prepared to zip off to tahiti.oracle.com before responding?

And then you can try following the installation instructions and installing as a LOCAL administrator, not a domain one.

Additionally, try not creating a database as part of the Oracle 9i install, but as a separate step afterwards (ie, do a 'software only' install first).

Regards