Re: [Q] Oracle 9.2.0 installation on MS Windows 2000 Professaional

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:45:26 +0100

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:53:15 +0900, "redmond" <redmond_at_mail.com> wrote:

>I will install Oracle 9.2.0 for MS on MS Windows 2000 Professional.
>
>My company uses MS Windows 2000 server Domain Controller.
>
>So, i have to log in my computer with Domain Account.
>
>(Of course my Domain Account has administrator privilege on my computer.)
>
>Oracle 9.2.0 installed, there occurs error of TNS-12571 in database
>creation.
>
>while i was installing Oracle through my computer administrator accunt,
>this kind of error did not occur, and it goes same with when openning
>database.
>
>How can i solve these problems?
>
>Please give me solutions.

You should follow Oracle's installation instructions. They direct you to use the *local* administrator account to install the software. BTW: If you are using Microsoft Terminal Server you won't be able to create a database during installation. You should save the scripts, fire up a dos box, issue
set local=<yoursid>
and run the database creation scripts.
You'll be getting ora-12560 when you don't follow this advice

Oracle doesn't support MTS and doesn't seem to have any plans to change this.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Dec 24 2002 - 00:45:26 CST