Re: Exclude one piece of data from an export

From: Tim Shute <tshute_at_nisoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:54:49 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the fast reply!

The problem is not in-house.

What we're trying to do is prevent anyone at a client site from doing an export and taking it away with them. We can't control how they do their exports.

I know we can't / don't want to stop them from seeing the data structures easily, but if this license key field could be automatically ignored (or corrupted?) by a 'normal' export, then it wouldn't be imported making the
software application prompt for a license key if it was run against the imported data.