Re: RMAN and two LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 13:26:13 +0100

comments inside

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:47:14 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:55:33 +0100, Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
>wrote:
>
>>question:
>>why doesn't RMAN1 recognise the already backuped arcs? Is it a bug or well-known
>>behaviour?
>

>1 RMAN will always backup *one* copy on the archived log

that's the concept, but it does not, as I descibed. Do you have any explanation?

>2 RMAN is capable of making duplex backups

interesting. I missed that one.Thank you for the hint!

>That said: There is *no need at all* to have 2 RMAN processes with
>distinct reposistories runnin
>You simply should make duplex backups of one set of archivelogs.

ok, see above

>Currently, you are either misusing RMAN or you don't understand how it
>works.

You are charming as ever! Really nice to have met you!

I wouldn't speak of missuse, as no person or animal is harmed. And if I missed one feature of many, where's the problem?

Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 06:26:13 CST