Re: RMAN and two LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:47:14 +0100

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:55:33 +0100, Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de> wrote:

>question:
>why doesn't RMAN1 recognise the already backuped arcs? Is it a bug or well-known
>behaviour?

1 RMAN will always backup *one* copy on the archived log 2 RMAN is capable of making duplex backups

That said: There is *no need at all* to have 2 RMAN processes with distinct reposistories runnin
You simply should make duplex backups of one set of archivelogs.

Currently, you are either misusing RMAN or you don't understand how it works.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 05:47:14 CST