Re: Can't start db after chown & chgrp

From: Andrew <acjunk2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 11:35:01 -0800

OK, I found out that I had to edit $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c and change the group names there, and then relink oracle.

I also checked that there were no shared memory segments still owned by oracle.

Now I can do a conn sys/pwd as sysdba and I get "connected to an idle instance" but then when I do a "startup", I get:

ORA-27121: unable to determine size of shared memory segment Linux Error: 13: Permission denied

Can anyone help!?!?!?!
Thanks!

Oracle: 9.0.1.0.0
Linux Redhat 7.1 Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 13:35:01 CST