Re: Can't start db after chown & chgrp

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:05:49 +0100

Although I think config.c is the only place, I would not recommend this way of working.
Using the Oracle Universal Installer you should relink all Oracle software. I'am sure you get the question what the Unix groups are for SYSDBA and SYSOPER. Normally you choose "dba" for both. Relinking will set the s-bit for the oracle executable. This is the official way to change the groups in the executables.

Also check the shm kernel parameters (shared memory) meet the requirements as specified in the Installation Guide and/or decrease the size of the SGA by setting lower values for the block buffers and pool size parameters in the init.ora (maybe temporarely to troubleshoot this problem). But wrong linked software could be the cause too.

Andrew <acjunk2_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws c7603e9b.0211251135.5b94680d_at_posting.google.com...