OEM browser-based reporting setup

From: Jared <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 14:17:15 -0800

Hi, all -

I am running OEM 9.2.0.0 quite happily, and am now trying to setup the web reporting piece so I can share access to the OMS with other DBA's without having to install software all over the place.

I can bring up the Reporting Home Page with no problem, and it sees all the targets I would expect it to see. FYI, all targets are running the IA from 8.1.7(.0.0), which works fine for non-OS statistics in the Java OEM software.

The problem occurs when I try to get to a report, e.g., I click on the
'databases' link, select a target, then, say, try to get Current
Status of the Instance. What I get is the template for the report with all the links up top, but all the sections have error messages such as:

"Processing of report element # 2 failed: oracle.sysman.vt.reporting.ReportGenerationException: Could not get session for the target database. Check to ensure that the database sboread.csfbfc.com is up and that credentials have been set for the owner REPORTS_USER of the report."

I have updated the 'managed administrators' and created REPORTS_USER on one of the machines as a DBA. I can connect fine and see the all the synonyms, etc. from running catdbsyn. I can connect using this ID as a 'normal' user from the OEM console. The 'Administrator Overview' screen off the Rptg home page shows the REPORTS_USER username with the
'super' box checked.

So, what setup step have I missed?

TIA - Regards,
jh Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 16:17:15 CST