OAS Performance Bad???

From: DTS <dave_at_simcik.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 11:55:52 -0800

Here's a longwinded story: One of the other DBA's (cough) where I work said that he did quite a bit of research into OAS - he said that performance
suffered quite a lot (compared with...unencrypted, unauthenticated, data???)
and was therefore TOO SLOW by his standards. Not sure what version he tested on but I'm assuming it was rather recent. Does that DBA's claim have any merit?

It may be irrelevant anyways. After thinking about it a bit, I think a better question to ask is what is the best way to protect ODBC/OLEDB traffic
between a web server and an Oracle DB???

Thanks!
D. Sims Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 13:55:52 CST