could not log into database

From: Uwe Wagner <Uwe.Wagner_at_gef.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:09:40 +0100

Hi,

we are using ORACLE 8.1.7 on SuSE 7.0.
Some days ago the filesystem was full and no connect except internal was allowed because of a lot of archiv files in /db/oracle/OraHome1/admin/orcl/arch.
This directory is on the same filesystem as the database files.The database files has a size of about 50 GB, the filesystem has a size of 80 GB.
Most of the time there are 25 GB free on the filesystem, but when we mae a lot of actions like creating and deleting tables, the filesystem was full because of a lot of archive files.

What can I do ?
A greater disk is one solution, but not a good one I think. How big must be the size of the filesystem for the archive files, if the database files has a size of 50 GB ?

thanks
uwe Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 02:09:40 CST