Re: Problems Connecting Oracle database XSQL and/or JSP via apache

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:20:00 +0200

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:15:09 +0000, Mark Starmer wrote:

>> OCI is the c language bases JDBC driver from Oracle. It assumes
>> you installed the client software. If you did not, you need to
>> use the thin driver. It is a Java implementation of SQLNet.
>>
>> The connect string therefore might not be OK, after all.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> dmz17

> I've managed to find out what the problem was. My listener in port
> 1251 was not working and the new listener I added on 1252 was
> configured with the wrong SID.
>
> For some reason however, I can not connect into SQL+ with the username
> SYS, I get some sort of message saying you must log in as sysdba or
> sysoper, I have not created these usernames and I dont think they
> exist... Any ideas?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Mark Starmer

You probably don't want to use Java or JSP pages to connect as sys.

To work as sys do this:

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

do your stuff here

exit

Apart from that, the default sys pasword is change_on_install. And the sys user IS there, don't worry.

If you installed the starter database, scott (using passowrd tiger) will be there as well. Try connecting him.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 07:20:00 CDT