Re: Problems Connecting Oracle database XSQL and/or JSP via apache

From: Mark Starmer <markstarmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 03:15:09 -0700

> OCI is the c language bases JDBC driver from Oracle. It assumes
> you installed the client software. If you did not, you need to
> use the thin driver. It is a Java implementation of SQLNet.
>
> The connect string therefore might not be OK, after all.
>
> Cheers,
>
> dmz17

I've managed to find out what the problem was. My listener in port 1251 was not working and the new listener I added on 1252 was configured with the wrong SID.

For some reason however, I can not connect into SQL+ with the username SYS, I get some sort of message saying you must log in as sysdba or sysoper, I have not created these usernames and I dont think they exist... Any ideas?

Best Regards

Mark Starmer Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 05:15:09 CDT