Re: Problems Connecting Oracle database XSQL and/or JSP via apache

From: Mark Starmer <markstarmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2002 09:10:50 -0800

"dmz17" <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2002.10.25.12.20.00.68129_at_nospam.nowhere.com>...
> You probably don't want to use Java or JSP pages to connect as sys.
>
> To work as sys do this:
>
> sqlplus "/as sysdba"
>
> do your stuff here
>
> exit
>
> Apart from that, the default sys pasword is change_on_install.
> And the sys user IS there, don't worry.
>
> If you installed the starter database, scott (using passowrd tiger) will
> be there as well. Try connecting him.

I can connect into SQL+ as scott, but still not as dba, I can also access scotts tables, but not the ones i used originally! I can connect to the manager tools using my sys account, although when I try to connect to sqlplus (with >sqlplus "/as sysdba") I get the following error message.

C:\Documents and Settings\dev\> sqlplus "/as sysdba"

 SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun Oct 27 17:06:44 2002

 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

 ERROR:
 ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

 Enter user-name:

It was definately not doing that before, and it didn't even ptrompt for a password. Have I been denied from using my own services or somthing? Received on Sun Oct 27 2002 - 11:10:50 CST