Re: Public dblink as current_user without ASO - doable?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:45:48 GMT

I'm not quite sure if it is what you are looking for, but you can create a public db link, and not specify any user in the link definition. When a user attempts to query with this link, it will sign on to the remote db as their current user/pswd. See below:

ORA9I SQL> create public database link other_db using 'heat';

Database link created.

ORA9I SQL> connect dbamon
Enter password:
Connected.
ORA9I SQL> select sysdate from dual_at_other_db;

SYSDATE

17-OCT-02 HTH,
Brian