Sartup failure due to init parameter: LOCK_SGA

From: Jetlag <jetlag11235_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 14:24:40 -0700

I'm running Oracle 9i under Linux (Debian/Woody) and I am unable to start Oracle when the LOCK_SGA parameter is set to TRUE.

The system has a total of 512M of RAM. I have tried starting Oracle with over 400M free and with the SGA sized smaller than 100M.

Still, I receive the following error ... whether I start Oracle as root (from /etc/init.d) or as oracle (from sqlplus /nolog).

The error I receive is shown below. It does not seem to appear in any Oracle logs.

SQL> ORA-27126: unable to lock shared memory segment in core Linux Error: 1: Operation not permitted

Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly. Thanks. Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 16:24:40 CDT