Weblogic 5.1, JDriver for Oracle and logons cumulative

From: janne <janne_1976_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 05:24:15 -0700

Hi,

I'm running WebLogic 5.1sp12 (Solaris), Oracle 8.1.7 and JDriver oci817_8 drivers. WebLogic and application code is configured to use connection pool. Now, when running application, Oracle statistic "cumulative logons" seems to grow constantly. Am I correct to think that this shows a problem with the connection pool? If connection pool is working, and has reached it's maximum size, shouldn't the number of logons stay constant?

SQL> select * from V$SYSSTAT where STATISTIC# IN (0, 1);

STATISTIC# NAME
---------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

     CLASS VALUE
---------- ----------

         0 logons cumulative
         1     281595

         1 logons current
         1         14

...after a few moments:

SQL> select * from V$SYSSTAT where STATISTIC# IN (0, 1);

STATISTIC# NAME

     CLASS VALUE

         0 logons cumulative
         1     281603

         1 logons current
         1         14

 --Janne. Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 07:24:15 CDT