Re: What use is OCP ?

From: Karen Abgarian <abvk_at_ureach.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:51:42 GMT

> From my perspective the OCP is an embarrasement that Oracle should put
> out with the trash.
>
> It tests people on obscure knowledge, gurantees nothing with respect to
> ability or skill set, takes money from people leaving them disillusioned
> when they can't get a job, and from where I sit geographically, soundly
> ignored by hiring managers.

What the OCP does provide is the assurance that a person knows *something*. That at least he/she bothered to open a book and read it or do an Oracle course.
Obviously this is not much but shows some level.

I would say OCP should be made tougher to pass. This would give them more credibility yet significantly reduce the number of certified people. This could be done
by making questions more difficult or by making it a real exam, with experienced
people asking you questions. Received on Sat Sep 28 2002 - 13:51:42 CDT