Re: Listener status Unknow

From: Karen Abgarian <abvk_at_ureach.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:40:45 GMT

Strange nobody has answered this. The output of lsnrctl should be explained in the 9i book, Net Services or Net Admin or the like. I have not read it yet because I never needed to research this.

I think what it is is the a failure of the database to register with the listener. To display the status as UNKNOWN should be a feature, not a bug. But the failure itself could be a bug, at least it was on Mac.

If my 8i knowledge applies to this, try to set CURRENT_LISTENER parameter in init.ora to point to your listener. Set INSTANCE_NAME. This parameter defaults to the database name but Oracle recommended to set it anyway because of the 8i bug with dynamic registration.

Try to move the listener to a different port.

Good luck
Karen