Re: Physical block reads difference

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 10:55:34 -0700

Had you looked further into the view you would have also seen PHYRDS, reporting physical reads, along with PHYBLKRDS, and you would have noticed the difference between the values there. As such, PHYBLKRDS is NOT the same as PHYRDS.

Since a single physical read may span more than one physical block, just as a physical write may write multiple blocks in a single request, it's not surprising that PHYBLKRDS exceeds the value for PHYRDS. David Fitzjarrell