Re: Physical block reads difference

From: Jayaraman Ashok <ashok_jayaraman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 22:15:34 -0700

Hi
SQL> select name,value from v$sysstat where name = 'physical reads';

NAME VALUE

physical reads 5406826159

SQL> select sum(phyrds),sum(phyblkrd) from v$filestat;

SUM(PHYRDS) SUM(PHYBLKRD)
 1242069868 5317548754

SQL> The assumption that physical reads of v$sysstat is always less tha or equal to physical block reads from v$filestat is wrong. How torelate the two values between v$sysstat and v$filestat ? Which is to be taken into account and why? Hope somebody can explain in detail about these......

Cheers,
Ashok