Re: Newbie: Problems to connect using port 1521

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:57:38 GMT

Port 1521 is monitored by Listener. When it "hears" a connection request (from the client), it spawns (or if MTS, perhaps uses an existing) dispatcher to handle the normal network "conversation" between client and server. The dispatcher has to "talk" over another port (since 1521 is in use by Listener) ... so a "random" port is assigned for the dispatcher. You can make it less "random" by using MTS or Connection Manager.