Re: Newbie: Problems to connect using port 1521

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:18:55 GMT

You need to understand Oracle Net, formerly called Net8. This is like another layer above ( or under ) the TCP/IP stack. It use 1521 by default. You should not be trying to use Java to connect directly to this port.

APP --->Net8 ----> tcpIP -----network-----> tcpIP---->NET8(1521)----->Oracle Instance

"rigel" <f71_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:amobna$1na6t$1_at_salico.udc.es...
> I have installed OracleI 9.0.1 over Red Hat Linux 7.2.
>
> I want to connect to the default database using scott/tiger user with
Java.