Is 9i RAC worth pursuing?

From: charlie s <word)_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:47:13 GMT

We are currently using 817, and we are upgrading to 9i. I have not made up my mind whether we should go to 9i RAC. We are perfectly fine with 817(not OPS), we never have problem with it, the database is quite stable and we never need to use standby database even though we have it.

Any suggestions except that 9i RAC is a good experience to have, which is good for my career?

By the way, do you guys think 9i RAC is going to be popular? Very few company are using it, demand for the skill is also limited.

Thanks for your imput. Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 18:47:13 CDT