Database upgrade - backout strategy

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2002 22:34:26 -0700

We are planning to upgrade from V806 to V817 and I'd like to know opinions on backout strategies. The scenario is that the database has been upgraded and has been in use for about 4 -5 days (it's not too transaction heavy) when errors are detected and it is decided to back out to V806 without losing the 4 -5 days of work. The database is about 150Gb in size.

The only thing I can think of is to export from V817 using the V806 executable and importing into V806. The only issue here is time (15-20 hours?) since there is no referential integrity on the database (it's a legacy application).

Can anyone think of alternatives, preferably faster? Received on Tue Sep 10 2002 - 00:34:26 CDT