Re: Oracle & Delphi

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:08:09 GMT

Laurent Boutet wrote:

> Hi !
> I've got few questions...
> These questions may be stupid, but I'm not a DBA, and I'm hungry to learn
> ;-)...
>
> So, I've got a big project,almost 8 programs which depend on each other...,
> developped with Delphi.
> And I was juste wondering a stupid question...all my programs have
> connections to my Oracle Server.
> If I remember, I can configure my Oracle database to allow a max user
> connections (default 15). And then, what is going on after 15 connections
> ???
> What is the aim of this configuration ??? Each connection starts a new
> process on the server ???
>
> Is it possible to share connections with DELPHI through my 8 programs on a
> single client computer ????
>
> If I connect twice to the same database from one client, is it considered as
> 1 ou 2 connections ????
>
> what is a good max users connection configuration from your point of view???
>
> I hope you 'll understand my questions...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Laurent

Lets start with the basics.

You provide not a single byte of information about the verion or edition of Oracle, how you are connecting to the database, your hardware, your operating system, or anything else that might help someone help you.

But more critically I'm fascinated by the limit of 15 connections. Exactly how was that achieved?

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Sep 04 2002 - 10:08:09 CDT