Oracle & Delphi

From: Laurent Boutet <laurent.boutet_at_clinsight.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:47:53 +0200

Hi !
I've got few questions...
These questions may be stupid, but I'm not a DBA, and I'm hungry to learn ;-)...

So, I've got a big project,almost 8 programs which depend on each other..., developped with Delphi.
And I was juste wondering a stupid question...all my programs have connections to my Oracle Server.
If I remember, I can configure my Oracle database to allow a max user connections (default 15). And then, what is going on after 15 connections ???
What is the aim of this configuration ??? Each connection starts a new process on the server ???

Is it possible to share connections with DELPHI through my 8 programs on a single client computer ????

If I connect twice to the same database from one client, is it considered as 1 ou 2 connections ????

what is a good max users connection configuration from your point of view???

I hope you 'll understand my questions...

Thanks in advance,
Laurent Received on Wed Sep 04 2002 - 09:47:53 CDT