Re: Oracle RDB - what is it ?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 10:53:51 -0700

In article <5LNa9.11842$zX3.20106_at_news.indigo.ie>, "Telemachus" says...

>I am trying to do an RFT at have to cope with an Oracle RDB
>

>I've seen this in product listings before - can anyone tell me what the
>diff. between
>RDB and Server is ?
>
>TIA

RdB is the old Digital relational database. Larry bought that off them, before they even got bought by Compaq I believe. I don't know a huge amount more than that about it, other than I think it still exists as a database that can be bought from Oracle. Heck, I have enough problems understanding the Oracle RDBMS, without having to worry about RdB as well! :)

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 12:53:51 CDT