Re: How to see what is in temporary tablespace

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 11:00:03 -0700

In article <tWMa9.6296$8W6.674206917_at_newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, "Steve says...

>Is there any way for me to see exactly what is in my temporary table space
>at any given time? I have problems with the temporary table space growing
>to be much larger than I think it should be. I don't know what's in there
>and want to find out.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>--steve

You can query USER_USERS to get that information, from memory. From there, make sure the tablespace you see in TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE is a true temp tablespace, and you can eliminate worrying about permanent objects being created there.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 13:00:03 CDT