Re: How to login as SYS to run dbmsstdx.sql

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 21:45:35 -0700

dave1_nyc_at_hotmail.com (Dave) wrote in message news:<4e13bd55.0208251021.693dd00a_at_posting.google.com>...

> One other thing: When in sqlplus or the sqlplus "worksheet", I can
> execute normal SQL by ending it with a semi-colon. But I can't figure
> out what it's looking for when I load a .sql script.

In a .sql script file you still have to terminate SQL statement(s) just like you do when entering them interactively. This is done by typing a ";" at the end of a statent or a "/" on the last line by itself.

If you are loading a script and it looks like it's asking for more input, it means the file doesn't have one of these. You can either use a "." (period) by itself to terminate the input, or type a "/" if you want to terminate input and run the statement(s).

HTH
Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au Received on Sun Aug 25 2002 - 23:45:35 CDT