How to login as SYS to run dbmsstdx.sql

From: Dave <dave1_nyc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2002 11:21:54 -0700

Hello. I've just installed Oracle 9.2 on Windows2000. I would like my user to create stored procs, but the doc says that the script dbmsstdx.sql must be run first by the user SYS. However, when I try to use sqlplus and login as SYS it tells me that I should login as SYSDBA or SYSOPER.

This is not a password problem, as I recall the password I set for SYS when I did the install.

One other thing: When in sqlplus or the sqlplus "worksheet", I can execute normal SQL by ending it with a semi-colon. But I can't figure out what it's looking for when I load a .sql script.

Thanks for any help
Dave Received on Sun Aug 25 2002 - 13:21:54 CDT