Re: Init.ora modification and problem.

From: Mihail Daskalov <mdaskalo_at_tlogica.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2002 16:05:46 -0700

"Epicentre team A" <oracle_at_epicentre.fr> wrote in message news:<ak7jj9$n9e$1_at_wanadoo.fr>...
> Hi
>
> I want to change parameter file but when massives imports via Sql Loader
> import stop about 15 minutes. There is importants core dump errors.
> On server no problem with pagging or swapping operations (normal)
>
> Platform: HP-UX
> Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7
> Ram 2 Go
> Raid 1
>

> Before change we have.
>
> db_files=200
> large_pool_size=614400
> shared_pool_size=80485760
> hash_multiblock_io_count=0
> db_block_lru_latches=2
> cursor_sharing_force=exact
> optimizer_index_caching=50
>
> After Change it's
>

> db_files=150
> large_pool_size=300000
> shared_pool_size=81920000
> hash_multiblock_io_count=8
> db_block_lru_latches=4
> cursor_sharing_force=force
> optimizer_index_caching=99
>

> I've you an idea ?
> Denis Jeanneret

Please return
cursor_sharing parameter to exact.

It can cause a lot of problems (due to various bugs). You didn't indicate which version of Oracle 8.1.7 do you have. If you have the base release (8.1.7.0.0) I would advise you to upgrade your Oracle Server to 8.1.7.4 version.

Your setting of
large_pool_size=300000
(if it is not a typographical error, is very bad IMO). Please either set it to 0, or set it to something quite larger e.g. 50000000.
You say you have 2GB of RAM. Probably you could increase your db_block_buffers to a quite large value. You don't show what your current value is,
but if you don't have any other databases you can set it to (640MB / db_block_size).

Another possible problem on the OS level could be setting maxdsiz too low. I think by default it is 64MB, which is los. I thing the value of maxdsiz is given in blocks of 512 bytes. For more detail you need to see your HP-UX documentation.

Next time please give more details about the errors. About the operating system, and version of Oracle.

HTH,
Mihail Daskalov,
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Admin
http://www.brainbench.com Received on Sat Aug 24 2002 - 18:05:46 CDT