Re: ORACLE SETUP DIES AFTER FIRST SCREEN

From: Mihail Daskalov <mdaskalo_at_tlogica.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2002 15:54:36 -0700

"Sud Bhatt" <Kathmandu7_at_Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ak716s$1fh61v$1_at_ID-157084.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi All,
>
> Just got my New Dell (WINDOWS 2000). I am trying to install Oracle8i. As
> soon as I load the CD I get a screen with three options "INSTALL/DEINSTALL",
> "EXPLORE", "BROWSE DOCUMENTATION". After I click on INSTALL/DEINSTALL
> button, nothing shows up. The setup simply dies. I even went to Install
> folder and clicked on setup.exe but noting shows up. I cannot move further.
> Has anybody faced the same problemo? It would be real help. Thank you.
>
> Sud Bhatt

If the problem lies with Pentium 4 processor, one of the workarounds to the problem is to copy the distribution to your hard-drive. Then you need to search for the file "symcjit.dll", and rename it, everywhere you find it, to "symcjit.dll.old". Then you can start the installation from your hard disk, and it should work.

Regards,
Mihail Daskalov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Admin
http://www.brainbench.com Received on Sat Aug 24 2002 - 17:54:36 CDT