Re: Monitoring parallelism

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:42:02 -0400

Queries are parallelized when you tell Oracle to parallelize them ...

example:
Select /*+ ordered PARALLEL(tab1 4) FULL(tab1) */ from tab1, tab2
where tab1.col1 = tab2.col1
/

Or you specify the degree of parallelism on the table level: create table tab1 .....
parallel 4
/

or you can rebuild index in parallel ...

there are other various instances ....

Before you do anything, please get your "parallel" fundamentals right by referring to a good perf tuning book .. or refer to the perf tuning documentation by oracle. Otherwise, you might do more harm to the system .. than good.

Anurag