Re: Is OEM complete?

From: Alberto Garzas <NOSPAMalberto.garzas_at_wanadoo.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:27:47 +0200

Hello Karen!

I think that the configuration of the PCTFREE, PCTUSED and other parameters are very interesting for
a DBA! These paremeters are very important for a good performace of a Oracle database!. However, I am not able to know the exact space which is used by a Oracle block. This information can?t be got in dictionary tables. Therefore, I am thinking of making a graphical tool which shows the average of Oracle block space. I mean,
I would make a graphical tool which shows average space block used in any segment.
My question is: This tool will be useful? This information is not showed by OEM and I think
that it ?s very important to choice the PCTFREE and PCTUSED parameters!

I forgot your question.....I ?d make this tool in Java language!

What is your opinion?

"Karen Abgarian" <abvk_at_ureach.com> escribio en el mensaje news:3D59FF86.88D8C9CA_at_ureach.com...

> There is plenty of tools in the market. I do not believe though that any
of
> them shows usage in oracle blocks. I doubt that in DBA practice they look
> at specific blocks often. Say, a block is not complete, so what?
However,