are there any benefits in using Oracle Application Server with Oracle Database Server?

From: Amir Pashazadeh <pashazadeh_amir_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 13:37:32 -0700

Hi

Are there any benefits in using Oracle Application Server with Oracle DBMS? I'm working on an J2EE application which will user Oracle 9i for DBMS, are there any special differences between using Oracle Application Server or BEA Weblogic? (I know deployment descriptors are not same ;))

For example can I use Oracle DBMS Security Policies using Oracle Application Server?

I know I can define a rule over Oracle database, so that I can filter table rows acording to the user session, can I use this facility in my application using CMP Entity BJBs? how?

thanx Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 15:37:32 CDT