Re: are there any benefits in using Oracle Application Server with Oracle Database Server?

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:42:17 +0200

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:37:32 +0200, Amir Pashazadeh wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are there any benefits in using Oracle Application Server with Oracle
> DBMS?
>
> I'm working on an J2EE application which will user Oracle 9i for DBMS,
> are there any special differences between using Oracle Application
> Server or BEA Weblogic? (I know deployment descriptors are not same ;))
>
> For example can I use Oracle DBMS Security Policies using Oracle
> Application Server?
>
> I know I can define a rule over Oracle database, so that I can filter
> table rows acording to the user session, can I use this facility in my
> application using CMP Entity BJBs? how?
>
> thanx

All else being equal you'll probably experience more success using middleware from the same vendor (Oracle) who provides the database. Your support will also be a lot easier.

9iAS provides a lot of infrastructure that will assist you in writing/publishing applications.

Use JDeveloper9i to develop j2ee compliant programs. The latest version (otn.oracle.com) supports j2ee.

--
Cheers,

dmz17