Re: are there any benefits in using Oracle Application Server with Oracle Database Server?

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:55:08 -0400

Oracle's app server, that is the one included with 9iAS is a licensed (and slightly modified) version of the Orion App server. I'm not aware of any Oracle Database specific hooks in it at the moment. If you buy 9ias you do get a bunch of other stuff bundled on top and along side of the app server (SOAP implementation, Portal, SSO, etc).

I believe JDeveloper also has some hooks for deployment to 9iAS.

--Peter