Re: 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install problems

From: Pootie <pootie_at_london.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:13:12 -0500

"Piotr Kozłowski" <pkozlows_at_tlen.pl> wrote in message news:aiurag$ubv$1_at_pingwin.acn.pl...
> If we consider Linux, Oracle certifies 91R2 only on SUSE and "RH Advanced
> Server" ( I don't remember versions now but I can find it if needed) -
both
> are not free.
>
> I had problems with installation on RH7.1 and Debian (on both, I used
> certified versions of kernel and glibc) . After a couple of problems with
> JRE, when installation was about to run sqlplus, i got "end of file in
> communication channel" . I gave up and installed it on Slackware 8.1 -
> without any problems.
>
> so, my advice is - use Slackware.
>
> Piotr

I have made some progress since my first post. I installed JDK1.1.8_v3 separately and copied some files manually when the installer asked for them. That allowed most of the install to continue.

The Database Configuration Manager kept quitting with end_of_file communication errors, so I am unable to create a database - so far. I have just restarted the dbca again and asked it to create a "new" database instead of one of the pre-configured ones. I am up to 93% - fingers crossed. Even if it works, I doubt that I would ever trust it.

If it does not work, I will try Slackware. Why not! Thank you for your advice. Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 18:13:12 CDT